To Our Treasured Existing and New Patients,
These have been difficult and challenging times for all of us. The effect of the COVID-19 virus has affected all our lives and even though we have passed the critical stage, things still cannot yet be considered ‘normal.’
We also know that, for many, there is a lingering level of anxiety and fear about contracting the coronavirus (CV) and that you will still want to take all the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your family.
We feel the same way about ourselves and team and we want you to know that we are doing everything possible to minimize the risk of exposure to the coronavirus at our office. Because we are a Mercury Safe Office, we know how essential dental treatment is to overall health and we do not want anything to get in the way of providing any necessary treatment. Thus, we have taken the following steps to protect our patients and team. (Please note that in protecting you, we are protecting ourselves – and in protecting ourselves, we will be protecting you.)
- We will not see a patient who exhibits any signs of CV, flu, or a cold.
- If you have an appointment scheduled and start to feel any symptoms (i.e. shortness of breath, fever, cough, or any other symptoms related to CV) please call to cancel immediately.
- Team members will not come to work if they exhibit any of those symptoms.
- Upon arrival to the office, please wait in your car and call to let us know you are here. A member of our team will call you to come in and meet you at the door.
- We ask that you come to the office wearing a face mask. If you do not have access to one, we will provide you with one immediately along with hand sanitizer.
- We will also take your temperature as soon as you arrive. Please note – Any patient with a fever above 100.4 will not be treated. Please note – All team members will have their temperature taken at the start of each workday and the same applies.
- Only the patient will be allowed to enter the building, unless we are treating a minor (under 18), or a patient with a disability, one adult (over 18) will be allowed to accompany the patient.
- To maximize protection do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth unless you have sanitized your hands.
- A team member will then wipe down the outside and inside doorknobs of the door that the patient used to enter the office.
- The number of people in the waiting room will be minimal.
- The coffee bar has been temporarily removed along with all magazines.
- Hospital grade Air purifiers have been ordered for each room.
- The dentist and all team will wear protective masks during all dental procedures.
- The team will sterilize all surfaces a patient, or team, comes in contact with.
- The dentist and team members will sanitize their hands before seeing each patient.
Because we practice Safe Mercury Removal at our office, we also provide additional safety precautions that non-mercury safe offices do not. Our high-speed suction equipment and other vacuum systems provide a barrier between the patient and team member, capturing and filtering saliva, droplets, and particles resulting from the dental procedure. These protocols are not only used for patients having their amalgam fillings removed but for all patients receiving dental treatment.
The protocols and safety precautions we are taking will also maximize your protection against other harmful viruses and bacterial infections. These include hepatitis, HIV, the flu, measles, mumps, rubella, and colds. So please know that coming to our office is now safer than ever and you have no reason to put off dental treatment that is so important to your overall health and your immune system. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (951) 686-3666.
We also have some very exciting news! We have undergone a mini makeover while we have been closed in an effort to provide an even cleaner environment! This includes new commercial grade carpeting, new front desk area, and many other exciting things to come!
We look forward to seeing you soon!